After a short hiatus from social media and the internet, I am inspired and invigorated again to create, to share, to dream. Interestingly enough, the spark of inspiration came in the form of those vintage Victoria magazines I found la semaine dernière (last week). Particularly the March and April 1995 issues. (I will photograph some of my favorite bits of these issues in a later post!)
- A vintage dress from the House of Lanvin dating to 1927 courtesy of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I am particularly fond of the shade of blue grey of this dress and the silhouette. Something very modern about it./ image source
- Imagine yourself walking barefoot through this sunny doorway, your skin a golden brown kissed by sunshine while picking all these fruits. So wonderfully idyllic. Photographed by Cécile Molinié who has une trop belle Instagram.
- A found photo of an unknown Victorian beauty. Makes me think of French photographer Constant Puyo and I am almost willing to bet this is one of his photographs! / image source
- A New England salt box house photographed by Leslie Kobrin on instagram. I am so happy to know this style of architecture! I am infinitely charmed by this little house! / image source
- Christy Turlington for Vogue UK, 1987. Further proof that not all fashion in the 80s was horrendous. *will recreate this look soon / image source
If you are interested in downloading the photoshop brushes I used for this collage, you may download them here: Paint Stroke Brushes